Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very often the BAS/ASR and ABS light comes on. When it does the cruise control will not work. I was told it is a switch that is down by the brake pedel and can be replaced easily and inexpensively. Anyone done it?
MB wants a LOT to do it!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it's very easy to replace. You have to locate the switch, press on the tab and turn and it'll come right out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have removed the cover panel under the dash, looked everywhere and cannot find any type of switch. Can you give me a little more guidance? Shape of switch, what it may be mounted to or better yet, exactly where it is mounted? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The switch is usually half black and half white. Follow the brake pedal up and you should see it. It's square looking and with you press the brake with your hand, you should see the white contact comes out and make a slight click noise. Let me know if you need anymore help...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its called a brake light switch. Sits behind the brake pedal that activates when the pedal is pushed. It has a plug with 2 wires at the back of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i have a e320 1999 my read codes from de OBDII are C1000 controle module is "defectuoso" ( english defective) and the C1332 Selenoide Valv BAS A7/7y1

What does this mean do i have to change the whole module to fix this out... my BAS is not working :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts