Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the most worthwhile performance mod's for my 82' 300SD------i'm not looking to make it into a streat car or any thing but just add a few little worthwhile performance features-----thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
http://www.wadeperformanceproducts.com/

he has some nice modest mods and is always working on more. as for performance help in here you will not find much, i have tried myself.

you can add another turbo, a used one from the same model isnt expensive. Also a bigger turbo.
you can also try and boost the PSI on the turbo but thats risky business.

propane injection will give the car a good boost and i believe it can be made to flow constant. They sell universal kits for this. Think of it as NOS for a diesel.

also custom exhaust and headers could help the breathing a bit. Unfortunatly here in america the potential of this engine isnt really explored too much and its almost impossible to find mods. Your gonna have to be a little crafty here. Over seas they get these cars to beat corvettes in drag races. i kid you not. i lost the link to the video proving this but i think a few on this forum can back me up.

keep in mind you jepordize the reliabilty and longevity of the engine when you start adding mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts