Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two choices between C230k and 320coupe!

Currently I hav 1.8T jetta, and I usually go long distance driving!

230k is fast and big enough? or just give up space and go with the

c320copue? Best selection might be c320 sports sedan, but $$ is the

problem...

Actually I'm kinda afraid to select two door coupe cuz I hav never thought

about two door coupe!

giv me some advices and help me!

Anyway how much money hav u guys got discount from ur dealers?

thank you for reading!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat you are. I posted over at csportcoupe and they recommended the 230. If your having performance issues, its nice to know that the 230 is only .5 seconds slower than the 320, also the 230 gets quite a bit better gas mileage. A lot of posters on that board have 230's and say the engine is quite and performs very well. So if I were you I'd get the 230....

Much like i'm going to be doing in about a month....Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you order till the time it gets to your dealer?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Perhaps, you would like the C230k SportsSedan. It is a little lighter than the C230k coupe and has four doors. The interior dimensions of the sedan and coupe are almost identical, but the rear doors are convenient if you have passengers using the rear seats often.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 c320 coupe

My dealer just sold me a 2003 c320 coupe with auto, moon roof, leather, cd for 25500-it had 800 milies on it -they wanted 26995 for the 2003 c230 coupe with above equipment. . The back seat is more than adequate for its occasional use. One mag said the coupes were slow sellers hence a better deal if it meets your needs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow good deal ultra...

In my opinion get the 320 if your going to be racing or have something to prove to the rice community. Otherwise as I said before the 230 gets better gas mileage and (it's only .5 seconds slower on 0-60!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just 0.5 seconds differnce in 0-60 mph?

however there r a few different things of interior trims...such as automatic climate control system, aluminum santafesia, and power seat!

Still confused What should go with! If there's not so many difference at performance between 230k and 320c, I'll go with 230k.

By the way, do u guys select Teleaid option? is it really that comfortable?

what options should I choose and what are not?

giv me mor more advices!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you want those 320 interior trims, just get the 230 and the options..

I'd never use teleaid...i have a cell phone :)

I have the 319 and 326 packages with the CD player, automatic, heated seats, brown poplar wood trim, illuminated door sills and chrome door handles.

Thats a 320 with better gas mileage (thats the way i see it)

oh and the digital automatic temp control isn't available on the 320 either....the knobber automatic temp control is available on both the 230 and 320..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VW's 1.8T vs MB's 1.8SC!?

I heard that Vw's 1.8T engine also famous with 180 hrspw.
MB's SC enginge 189 HP......

I'm cyrrently hav 1.8 engene...do u think is there really differnet thing between them? Same size of engine, almost same Hp.....

Giv me u guy's opinion!! :!:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd say yes, but then I haven't driven a VW before..

Check with the guys over at www.csportcoupe.com..they're pretty brilliant over there :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: VW's 1.8T vs MB's 1.8SC!?

extremejoo said:
I heard that Vw's 1.8T engine also famous with 180 hrspw.
MB's SC enginge 189 HP......

I'm cyrrently hav 1.8 engene...do u think is there really differnet thing between them? Same size of engine, almost same Hp.....

Giv me u guy's opinion!! :!:
Well....... The size doesn't matter, it's how it's used :D

Jetta is using a Turbo, Benz a SC. turbo can create more boost, however SC gives better response (no lag)
I would go with a 2002 c230. the engine is still 2.3L 200LB and 196HP
0-60 7.2 on 6spd 7.5 on auto. swap the rear gears to 3.69 and you'll take a c320

1 - 13 of 13 Posts