Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am looking at '97 mercedes benz E420 with 114,000 miles. Its in really great condition and I've heard up until the late 90's, mercedes were indestructible. I have heard these are realiable, but what are the downfalls. My mother has a 1994 jaguar xj6. It has been remarkably reliable. A rebuilt alternator and a door handle replacement were the only things to fail out of warranty, OUT OF WARRANTY! the rear end was fixed with the warranty, defect of the factory. I mean if jags are completely unreliable and theres only been 3 mishaps with an 11year old jag, than a '97 mercedes should be indestructible right? I love this body style and my parents like the idea of a benz more than a range rover, need I say more. My question is, What are the Biggest problem areas for this year and model?

·
Registered
9 Posts
the only thing that i can think of are the camshaft oilers. you'll notice when they go bad when u hear a ticking noise from the engine that won't go away. pretty expensive fix but that's the only thing i can think of other than the normal wear items.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts