Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make sure these shocks found on ebay are better than stock; just read what seller tells and please give me good advice. I'm sure an experienced mb tech can answer that question well and that would benifit to many people here.

''BILSTEIN...The world leader in gas pressure shock absorber technology, brings you WORLD CLASS PERFORMANCE. This is a set of 4 BRAND NEW in the box Bilstein HEAVY DUTY shocks , 2 front , 2 rear , to fit 06/1996 to 1999 Mercedes W210 E-Class , E320 , , E420 , E430 , E300D , E300TD , E55 AMG . Part #s FRONT B36-2154-H0 , REAR B36-2155-H0 . These shocks will transform your car into an awesome handling and smoother riding machine. Day and night difference over stock.''

·
Registered
678 Posts
Handle better, yes. Riding smoother, NO NO NO NO NO!!! There's two types of Bilstein shocks for your car. Factory AMG shocks are made by Bilstein, and then these, which are aftermarket. Actually, I wouldn't doubt if the stock non-AMG shocks are probably manufactured by Bilstein as well. Anyhoo, the AMG shocks will ride harder than the stockers, and these ones you list will probably ride even harder than the AMG shocks. So if you say better, as in handles better, rides alot stiffer, then yes, they're better than the stock shocks. If by better you mean better ride quality, then not a chance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Zewerr, as I consider your answer to be most valuable. The fact is that we (including the dealer) don't seem to be able to know what company build the stockers and what are the equivalences for an after market replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts