Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dumb question about the light pattern for the factory bixenon headlights on my C230 coupe. When I start up in front of my white garage door, They look a lot like the old Cibe "Z" beam pattern. I had old H-4 Eurolights on an old Triumph. (Come to think of it, it is still burried away in my garage somewhere) They were set to, as I remember, dip down from the front of the car, 4 inches in 20 feet or something like that. But they had(Unlke the Z beams) a ramp up to the right side of the road, to allow them to illuminate road signs without blinding oncoming traffic. Should my headlights behave the same? they don't seem to be hitting the roadsigns on the right side of the road. Is this normal, or are they just out of adjustment?

Also, for anyone with a manual trans, the shift into first seems a little knotchey. Is the linkage just tight because it is new, or does this need adjustment also?

Other than the two little questions above, my little Benz is a great to drive. I am going on my first trip with it tomorrow. so far my average MPH is 29. A lot of city driving, at least I haven't run it at any constant RPM's during burnin so far.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts