Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As, my second full summer with my coupe (Weets is his name) approaches, I am beginning to worry about the heat that the leather absorbs when it's sunny out. I never drive with a shirt on when it's hot, but then my skin burns. When I have a shirt on, I'm very uncomfortable. It's too much of a pain to constantly close the roof and shade (my BIGGEST pet peeve about the car is that to close the sunroof and sunroof shade, I have to hold the botton which looks dumb when you pull in driving a Benz with your arm on the roof) So what covers can I get for the seats to beat the heat, and where can I get them? :?:
PS - Lynn I'm sure you'll read this, so do you know anything about this situation: Mercedes replaced my radio due to a jammed tape and now it stays on for like 10 seconds after I turn the car off, kinda annoying. :x

·
Registered
263 Posts
To prevent heat you need to block the sun. Yet you appear not to want to close your sun roof. That is at odds with your goal.

Anyway. I have the MB sunshade. Better than a cardboard blocker and it reflects heat as well as block sunlight. It has worked wonders when I must leave my car parked in the sun on a hot day. Also, I have WeatherTech 'weatherflectors' on my front windows. It allows you to leave them open a crack to vent air yet still provides protection from others. With this combo, I've never had to come to a car with hot leather.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the radio turns off 10 seconds AFTER I pull the key out. Weird. I gotta find some seat covers because I got burned earlier today.

·
Registered
127 Posts
beats1234 said:
I never drive with a shirt on when it's hot, but then my skin burns.
Gender please?

Knuckle down and close the roof and shade and get a set of window shades too and stop worrying about people watching you. If they are, they are probably thinking "That car is cool, I wish I had it and if I did I'd close the roof and shade so I wouldn't burn my half naked body when I get back in.”

Forget the gender question, only a guy would worry about how they look closing up the car.

The sun roof/leather issue is one I had to address when I bought my coupe. I decided living in a place where you have three days of spring and three days of fall the last thing I needed was another window even if it was horizontal. I find leather about a appealing as vinyl (except the smell) in extreme temperatures, so I got cloth.

Get sheepskin covers (white).

Good Luck

·
Registered
175 Posts
Too bad craniusmaximus beat me to the gender question. I too have cloth but would like to try oyster leather next time. Anyway.. look on the MBUSA site and you'll find these:

2003 Accessories
Sheepskin Seat Covers

Our Australian merino wool seat will help keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Set of two for front seats only. Available in black, tan or grey.

They're about $260. Or you could close up the car and use a windshield shade for about $0. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts