Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just replaced the rear calipers, pads and rotors, and the front rotors and pads, as well as re-built the front calipers(new seals) on my 1986 300E . To finish up the process I need to bleed the brake system. I have been having problems here. First, tried the old fashioned way with someone pumping then holding brakes while I crack the bleed screw. Got fluid and air coming out the back and the front for the first try with this. The next try got only air out the back calipers, and this was after several (30+) rounds of pumping. I then tried to gravity bleed the rear calipers. Worked great for a while with fresh brake fluid draining out of the reservoir, then stopped for apparently no reason. Also tried using a vacuum pump at the bleed screw, and got the same results, just air and a very small amount of fluid.

Also, fluid level in reservoir does not seem to be going down at all. How should I proceed? Do I need to get a pressure/vacuum bleed kit, or do I have air trapped in the ABS system or master cylinder? And if that is the case how do I make sure that that's the problem and how do I fix it? I may have at some point during the process let the reservoir run dry and I suspect that this is my problem, but when I added new fluid to it it appeared to still have some in the bottom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts