Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a newly acquired 1982 240d. the master cylinder was leaking so i put in a new one. i then proceeded to bleed the brakes. when i took the wheel off to get to the nipple and had someone pump the pedal, no fluid came out of the nipple. nothing. i even took the whole nipple off and no fluid came out. so i tried another wheel. same thing.

now the fluid was really old. could the nipples be clogged up with dirt? how to fix? help!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Did you try bench bleeding the master cylinder before installing it? Basically, this will prime the master for use. It is done by using adapters from where the brake lines would go, and running a clear tube into the full reservoir. The cylinder is then pumped until no more air is going through the tubes. Then you can start bleeding your brakes.

Another way is to use a power bleeder (about $40). This is like a garden sprayer only it forces brake fluid though the system via the master cylinder. I have one and it is great for one-man brake bleeding.

As an aside, I did also experience a similar problem with only one wheel, and replacing the rubber brake line going to the caliper solved that problem.

You will have to be the judge here...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts