Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any exprience with this. Who sells them cheap. what is the tolerance for grinding the rotors down? Should I purchase bearings or are they pressed. :?:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have done a break job on my car myself. The original rotors are not very good quality. I had to turn them at 12000mi. The pads seems to last very well they looked like new at 12000mi. I don't know if I could have the job done under warranty but I didn't want to waste my time going to MB and waiting for this small job. Instead I removed the rotors and brought them to Canadian Tire, they turned them while I was shopping with my wife in the shopping center beside.

The rotors were welded to the hub because of the salt (canadian car). So before I put them back I placed a generous layer of grease on the hub. Better to do this job yourself because no technician will take as much as car of your breaks as you can. It is true on canadian cars. I had a motor cycle that I only used once in the snow and the calipers got welded so strong that I had to replace everything around the brake. The motor cycle was just 2 year old and had 10000mi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts