Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im new to this so here goes, I changed the brakes,calpers and rotors on my c300 now the rear tail lights stay on as if I'm Applying the brakes and the car would not go in drive

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not an anti-lock brake expert, or even close, I just know I dislike them for a variety of reasons and my guess is they're to blame for misc things. Just a guess, but if not properly bled after your job I'd imagine they have some safety feature to lock you in Park? Like if it sees there's not enough pressure, like from an air bubble, it may lock you out?
I'd normally assume the interlock on the shifter happened to get stuck/broke at the same time which will lock it in Park, but doesn't explain the brake lights. If your brake light switch failed closed at the same time maybe, but you'd have to be one unlucky dude for both to go at the same moment you did the brakes.
You said it won't go int drive but I don't know if you meant to say it won't come out of park, so post that... Also post your cars year and how you bled them so maybe I or someone can chime in as to why it did this. If you have fixed it, or when you do, please post what it was and how you fixed it so the next person/people will have something to go on :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts