Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '02 C320 Wagon yesterday. It still has about 18 months and 27K left on the warranty, so I wasn't too concerned about a little bit of "thumping" from the brakes (not sure if it's front or rear) when under light braking - it goes thumpthumpthumpthump, slowing as the car slows.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix? The dealership I bought it from (Acura dealer) thought it might be the rotors and turned them prior to delivery, but it showed up again this morning.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
MB rotors should not be turned ever. This is what MB has maintained for as long as I can remeber and is definately the case on your car. It is likely they are too thin and have warped. I would get it checked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thaks for the reply. The problem seems to have disappeared in the last 24 hours, so I'm thinking it could have been a side effect of sitting on the lot for a few weeks (surface rust on the rotors?). I'll take it to the local MB dealer next week to check it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
had similar thumping

i had the same problem with my wifes infiniti when braking. found out that one of the lug nuts were loose, tightened it, and the problem went away. i also suspected that my brakes were the problem since the thump occured only in braking and not during acceleration or cruising. hope your problem will be just as easy to fix as mine was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts