Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

I am thinking to change my foglights into clear lens ones. I would also like to change the bulb in the clear lens ones (halogen) into much brighter bulbs that will match my bi-xenons. Does anyone have suggestion what type and where I can get it from?

Also, do I have to remove the bumper to swap the OEM ones into the clear lens foglights?

by the way, it's C320...

thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lenses

If you ordered the C4 lighting package (with the Xenon lamps), you should have already received the "clear lenses" for the foglight application. Our W203 C230k sedan came with a very brightly illuminating set of fog lamps to match the headlamps. (When my spouse follows me in this sedan, the reflection I see from my rearview mirror appears especially bright from all four lamps.)

If you simply switched to xenon bulbs in place of your common halogen headlamps, and you're looking to do the same with your foglights, I would think the same source would supply both. There is a large supply on eBay, although people debate over lighting quality and "real xenon" bulbs, etc. (See other Xenon lights discussions in this C-Class forum segment.)

The bumper application is probably a forum administrator domain exclusive, most likely.

Christopher

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Christopher!

So, did you refer to the OEM clear lens foglights that came with the bixenons below?:

"Our W203 C230k sedan came with a very brightly illuminating set of fog lamps to match the headlamps"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts