Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sunroof will not close. It won't even open all the way. An independent mechanic said the track was broken, at least $500 to repair. The MB dealer said $250 to diagnose the problem. I heard the tracks break regularly on the 2002 c230K. Any have an idea how to repair or least take it apart enough to get it closed? I've been searching for a repair to no avail.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Being that I'm not looking at it personally, I couldn't tell you for sure, but........

Most of the time on these 203 sunroofs, whether being a sport coupe or a sedan, if the roofs bind up, most of the time the problem is simply the wind deflector hinge. They brake alot of times and jam up against the roof, not allowing it to move. Usually they're a quick easy fix. Takes about a half hour, and parts shouldn't cost too much (I forget how much exactly).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that sounds better then replacing a track. Right now I'd like to know how to get closed. It would help to have disassembly instructions but I can't find a repair manual for this car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi My c230k's sunroof broke the other day. It made a real squeeking noise the last 2 times I had opened it. The third time plastic and a big spring went flying. I was able to close it but now it only opens a few inches. Has this happened to anyone else and will this be expensive to fix. Help blondee230k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts