Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't buy this is only a sign of whats to come

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy an SLK 230, I found the car and was very close to buying before the guy selling it gave me a call. Apparently now when he shuts the door and locks it the locks pop right back up. Any idea on what could cause this problem? How much it will cost to fix? Is this a sign of other problems?

Any help and input will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's up to you

I just bought a '98 slk230 and have had some weird problems. I'm starting to wonder if they aren't prone to electrical problems. The biggest, yet sofar unfixable problem is the interior "map light" that WON'T SHUT OFF! I've taken it back to the dealer 4 times trying to get it fixed. The latest fix involved replacing the switch itself. Still acts up.

My dealer has a 30 day warranty where they will fix anything and it is now up. BUT, since this has been an ongoing problem they've been unable to fix, I will continue to stay on them until it is fixed.

This is my first Mercedes and I am disappointed..... with the dealer. Gawd I love the car! What color is yours?

Oh, another thing that crapped out during my 30 day free warranty (I did get an extended though) was one of the dash lights. The lights that illuminate 120-160 mph. Gotta have those lit, ya know! The dealer did manage to fix that. Involved dismantling the dash and now the dash doesn't look right. AAAACCCK. I will NEVER go back to this place again after the 30 days. Gotta get my freebies.

To buy or not to buy..... I cannot say. Once you get in it and drive, you'll buy. Or at least I did!
~ziza

1 - 2 of 2 Posts