Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am actually decided on a 2003-CLK320 or 2004-C230-SportSedan.

I know some of you may say that I am trying to compare apple and orange. I actually prefer the 2-door since 90% of the time, I would be driving alone or with only one passenger. I, personally, do not like the C230/C320 coupe.

Now, CLK320 looks sexy and sporty but according to its specs, it's not sporty at all. The C230 looks less sporty but it has all the sport equipment like z-rate low profile summer tires, sport seat and suspension, etc.

What do you think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can afford there is not question, the CLK320. I see one everyday in my parking lot and it's AWESOME. It's black on black with sporty interior and tires (coupe not covert). He elected to get the command and xenon (probably standard). In my opinion the new CLK (W209) is the best looking mid-level MBZ. The only thing that erks me is that MBZ puts that stupid cassette deck as a standard feature in all new (2003+) models (I don't know about the ML or G class). If I gonna pay 50+ grand for a car I better get some neat stuff in the cockpit. Even the CLK55 AMG has the cassette deck. :wink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are absolutely right. Even the 2004 models come with cassette, I would like to ask those senoir executives where would we buy cassette tapes now.

The bi-Xenon and the command system are not standard equipments to the CLK-320. Bi-Xenon is CAN $1,425 and the command system is CAN$4,225.

·
Registered
36 Posts
...and the cassette is handy for those of us who have taped our CD's on quality equipment; cassette sound is superior to CD with my 'premium sound'. I like my car, but this a disappointment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the Audio 10 in my car and the sound is 100% better than the OEM cassette deck. But when I heard the CLK320's stereo I was blown away. I was playing with the command and then I found the stereo settings. But in a great CD and MAN! The sound that filled the cockpit was awesome. That is definitly the best MBZ stereo I have heard to date.

·
Registered
17 Posts
andkovacs said:
The tape is for the old europeans ...
In europe it is still available.
In Switzerland, the C Coupe comes automatically with an Audio 10 CD player.

Nevertheless I've got a Pioneer OEL MP3-able player and just leave it in his box because it seems pretty difficult to put an ISO player in this car.
The guy at Mercedes was not very interested in doing the operation.
Anyone did it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts