Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've signed up for this event in Washington D.C. I went to a Lexus sponsered "Luxury redefined" SUV event a month ago and had a blast. Hope this is similar!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, this seems to be a trend now. Saab is throwing a large "proving grounds" event, Volvo has a track driving event to introduce their new R's, and now Benz is doing it. I missed the Volvo. Will try to go to Saab's. Signed up for Benz's but not yet sure if my schedule will work out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yup....I'm actually doing the Mazda one as well. It looks like a total blast.

BTW....I missed the Volvo R one too. :( I love that car!

·
Banned
175 Posts
Going at the end of the month, let you know the fun factor. Had a go at the "R" at my friends dealership, a wagon, one sweet machine. DO not think the wife will trade her S60 2.4T and I will not give up my Coupe, oh well :lol:

·
Banned
175 Posts
Yes, the car is completely loaded, plus the great sound system and seats. I would not trade my S60 2.4T, for the money and what you get, drive one and then you will know. I was also liked their SUV, but I enjoy driving the cars, drive a commuter Van 185 miles a days, so it"s nice to drive the cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In regards to the S60 R, I totally think it's worth it! I am expecting delivery of that beast in the fall. Volvo already has my $1000 deposit and I think the 330's days are limited!

·
Banned
175 Posts
Good choice, having driven for the past 20 years, they only get better. dHad a drive in a "R" wagon this past week, what a blast. If I did not like my C320 Coupe, woould have one tomorrow. I do have the S60 2.4 T so I am happy.
Good luck, what Color did you get, they have a silver one here in Daytona, my friend owns the dealership.
Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish! I had to pay full price for mine and I was happy for it! Some dealers are charging a "market adjustment" tag-on of $2000 to $3000 for the R.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man... that is already an expensive car, although i do understand it has tremendous value.

by the way, as far as driving - is C240 sedan a totally different animal than the C230 sedan? I recently drove C240, and I hated how it drives.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got back from the C spot event. It was really cool. Pro race car driver took me zooming around a track in a C 32 amg. What a blast. Then drove a C320 K around a course. Amazing how if you slam on the brakes going around a corner how you stay in control. The whole event was a hoot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will be at the event on the 9th in Chicago. Anyone else planning on attending at this location? Let me know. I will also post "my experience" at the event!! C ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts