Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer treats me very poorly. Offers to give me Chevy Malibu for the night from Enterprise rent a car. Takes an imprint of my Visa card and then tells me I am responsible for gas. I insist no, this is not the treatment I deserve from buying a MB. I am working with Corporate MB to try and get car (900 miles) repurchased or at least replaced by similar model. So far, corporate does not want to help me. My story...driving 50 mph on freeway, shifted from 4th to 5th, car stalls, I loose control and barely get off the road while traffic is flying by honking and weaving. I really am disapointed in MB and their treatment towards me. Hopefully corporate will come through for me but so far not a glimpse of hope. I am not the first to have this problem. It worries me that others will not be so fortunate as I was in traffic. Please let me know if you hear of anyone else having this problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dealer service seems to vary from location to location. If you have the option, perhaps you can call other MB dealers and find out their loaner policy when a car is brought in for service. Make sure you tell corporate MB that you are angry and most certainly will not be a repeat customer when the time comes to trade in the vehicle. Your description of the incident so far doesn't seem to qualify for Lemon Law status. Good luck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
MB Dealer in Minnesota provides shuttle services and non-MB loaners (as far as I'm aware... I might be wrong though...). It all depends on a dealer...

I know that you are pretty dissapointed with the response you've got from your dealer, but I'd say give MB another chance... Benz's are nice cars!! Just get your car fixed and enjoy driving it - safe, awesome brakes, etc.!

I've changed about 6 cars for the past 3 years (including BMW 525), and C230K is the best so far! I'll certainly buy/trade another MB when it's time for my C230K to go... 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can get MB loaner form Ray Cartena, NJ dealer, but you need to fill the tank whatever you use. I think this is fare.

·
Registered
263 Posts
mbsang said:
You can get MB loaner form Ray Cartena, NJ dealer, but you need to fill the tank whatever you use. I think this is fare.
Just picked up my Coupe from from Ray Catena. I've been impressed with the treatment so far. You should check the collection upstairs if you haven't done so yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love their upstair delievery...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pweb said:
Mark08859 said:
Just picked up my Coupe from from Ray Catena.
Post some pics! :)
I wanted to do that. However, I don't maintain personal web space and this board doesn't provide for an upload from the PC. Sorry, folks. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ray Catena Dealership

They are the best dealership..It is unfortunate if you are having a poor experience with your MB dealership/service center.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Beverly Hills Ltd...

great treatment (as i mentioned in my audio post), and benz loaners as long as you call ahead to let them know you're coming. listen: there are so many dealers and car companies out there just dying right now for your money - lean on your dealer if they're not doing what you pay/paid them to do. everyone paying for a mercedes deserves to be treated like gold, and especially in this economy. :!:

·
Registered
263 Posts
To mbsang - LOL

Yes, the picture is one of the ones I posted of my new pride and joy. Thanks for "swiping" it from another forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good luck with corporate. I'm going thought a number of issues right now myself and have made no headway with either HQ or MB Legal department.

Loaners in my area (Harrisburg, PA) are of other Benz (C Class or E Class) unless all the loaners are out, in which case, we get stuck with a non MB.

·
Registered
31 Posts
take it to the end
I live in chicago

At first I thought my car was a lemon
but now it runs more smooth
the thing is
After I put my car in the shop
I feel more resistance in my car
I feel as if it's lagging way too much

just fight the corporate