Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a 2002 C230 sport coupe with the Bose audio system. But the sound really doesn't sound very good! Especially the FM radio (which is what I listen to mostly). Even my rental Cavalier had much much better sound quality than this. I think the system is lacking base. The dealership told me there is not much I can do.
Anyone knows what I can do - maybe install a subwoofer on it? Or would I need to completely replace the entire system?

Anyone had similar experience and would like to share ... please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have a PM responding to your questions in you PM to me.

One thing that might help is changing the "ambience" settings on the headunit. If it is set to "Speech" it will sound terrible. I prefer "Driver". Some think "Ambience" sounds best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I played with all the settings described in the Owner's Manual. and have set to "AMBIENCE" - the sound quality is sharp and clear, but there is a definite lack of bass. I am not looking for a thumping bass (I listen to mostly classical) but I would definitely like to hear more depth in the sound quality.

I will explore the Audio 10 as you suggested.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had an Infinity Basslink installed today and am very pleased with the sound quality and minimal loss of trunk space.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Infinity Basslink?

Hey -- tell us more! I have a 2004 C32 with Comand and the stereo sounds, well, mediocre at best. It's tinny. I've been searching for an improvement. Tell me about the Infinity Basslink -- what is it, how hard to install, how well does it work, etc. Thanx!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts