Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to wash the engine using off the shelf engine cleaner and rinse off with garden hose or pressure wash. Any recomended cleaners!

Does the 98 C230 have a brake wear indicator light (rear wheel brakes pads are getting close visualy). Or how I can tell it is time to replace the brakes.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wouldn't touch that engine with a power washer with a ten (no, make that twelve) foot pole. Seriously, with the wiring, sensors, etc. I feel you're just asking for trouble. For a couple bucks, take it to an experienced shop and allow them to perform the deed. As for your brakes...if they look like they need replacing....do it. Better safe than sorry. Not a big deal job as you can do it yourself if you're handy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to wash the engine myself since I know I can do a better job. I think I will just pass on the engine cleaning since it is more harm than useful.
My question regarding the brakes, is that do I have an early warning regarding the thickness of the pads! and does my year model have pads thickness sensors? Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
All four wheels should have sensors. A dash light will come on when they are low, or you will gat a nasty squeaking when the brakes are not engaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts