Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed your guys advice on which route to go. As you can tell from the subject, I am considering either a C230 Kompressor Sedan (6 spd) or a Lexus IS 300.
I am familiar with what the aftermarket has to offer IS owners, however, I am curious as to what MB would have in the way of aftermarket Chips and/or any performance enhancing devices.

I figured the I4 Supercharged engine is a good base to work with. Now, I'm not talking about turning the car into an M3 Killer or anything.....I just want to know if I will have options to "beef up the power" if I get one.

Thanks for your help

Chris

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There isn't much available at this time that I know of for the M271 engine. Renntech has an ECU upgrade which they claim will add 10 hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque for $1595. For another $700, they say their sport muffler will add another 7 hp and 3 ft-lbs of torque.

There are numerous items available to improve the handling of the car, however.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want to tune it, go with the Lexus. There is a ton of aftermarket products available for it and the Japanese reliability won't let you down either. That engine is already putting out 215 horses and it's not even turbocharged (yet :wink: ).

It also comes w/ alot of nice standard features and is very well made. I always request this one as a loaner whenever I take my ES300 in for service. I think the interior feels cheaper than the MB though - too much plastic & chrome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts