Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Supervisor purchased a 2003 C230 Kompressor two months ago. She has had the Windows Tinted twice in 1 month because of the scratch problem she is having. I found this Forum for her and she discovered the "How To's" that explains the frame edge being abrasive in the inside that causes the Vertical Scratches. The tint shop stated they don’t remove door covers especially on a Mercedes to apply the "Moleskin" trim. She talked with the dealership and the dint know what Moleskin trim was and stated they would only replace the edge with the same trim that’s on the car now. We live in Tampa Florida. Any Idea how we can locate some "moleskin" trim? Know of anyone in the are who could correct the problem??

Thanks
Edgar

·
Registered
3 Posts
go to a fabric store and purchase black velvet, take the doors apart carefully and remove the wind covers. wrap the covers and you can either wedge them in there or glue them on. this will stop the scracing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem

Hi... I had my windows re-tinted twice in the first 3 months of getting my c230. The service dept at my dealer has told me it's my problem. How can that be when the salesman suggested to have the windows tinted by them before I picked up my car? Any suggestions? The car looks great with tint and I really don't want to take it off.

Thanx
C72

·
Registered
17 Posts
We've had the same problem with our 99 CLK430 and 00 C280. I hear the window gaps are tight and that the rubber gaurds tend to scratch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts