Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Purchased an 02 Starmark C230K coupe and love it. But I have had some annoying issues that the dealer has been cool with, just too many.

Does anyone else have an annoying squeak or groan when the front suspension is working? Great example is driving over a speed bump at slow speeds. I figured it to be either the front lower control arm bushings or the sway links/busings.

I squirted water on the bushings and the noise stops.

I have also had the infamous sunroof "styrofoam" squeek noise and has been addressed twice. A loud rear decklid rattle, pulsing steering wheel corrected with new tires and balance, and some other annoying issues.

Any help on what I can do to stop the suspension squeaks with out having to take back to dealer? Spray lubricants?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sway link bar

I have a similar problem since a little while.

I had a little difficulty to locate the noice but finally I got the problem.
I also suspected the sway link bar bushing for the squeaks. I put a little grease on the bushing but didn't help. Then after a little more search I spotted the problem. It is the left front sway link bar downside join that has a problem. Either it is broken inside or there is someting else wrong with. I called my dealer and they will replace the part under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts