Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Porterfield pads for the front of my car, (05 C230K sedan), and I've changed brakes a million times just never on something with anything more then a piece of metal that scratches on the rotor when the pads are worn, lol. My question is this, can I just swap the pads without replacing the wear sensors or do those things have to be fresh with the pads? Hell, I don't even know what a "wear sensor" looks like. Sorry for the rookie questions but I'd like to know a little about what I'm jumping into before I go tearing into this car. My truck, pfffffft, we'll fix it later if we jack it up, lol.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The sensor is what turns on the light on the dash indicating that the pads are worn and need to be replaced. You can visit our online parts catalog to see a picture of the sensor. You do not have to replace the sensors each time, but it would be advisable to do so. They are not that expensive and can help to alert you when the pads need to replaced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. That's a huge help, I'll just go ahead and replace them just for piece of mind. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts