Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

c230's Mercedes Star crest stolen

8K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  RedLiner 
#1 ·
Last week, some idiot has stolen my mercedes crest at the front and the back of the car.

Did it happened to some of you?

It's quite frustrating...

And more, the front crest itself is not sold seperatly but only with the complete shell (i don't know if its the right word for it...).

The back crest is only 10CAN$ but it's always frustrating to be stolen...

#2 ·
If your C230 is an 02 or 03 then Benzbin.com has the front emblem for about 15 USD. Check the may have them for earlier sedan models.

Good Luck

#4 ·
Actually, my hood badge was stolen two weeks ago. The SOB's scratched my paint for good measure. Starting to lose count as to how many times my valve stem caps have been stolen.

#5 ·
I'm sorry because i don't now this english word : What is a valve stem cap?

Personnaly, my hood badge what not stolen but the 2 stars are gone and there was no damage to my car except a little scratch.

Real professionnals those thiefs!!!

I heard that in the Montreal area, there's actually a lot of steal like that. I called a dealer last week and the employee told me that a customer bought 5 stars for his hood...!!!!!

#6 ·
A valve stem cap is the little plastic cap that goes on the end of the rubber tube that you fill up your tires with.

most people buy metal ones to top of a look of a wheel. Im sure that those are the ones that are being stolen. i cant belive that people steal those 8O

#7 ·
OK, i see...

Those of my car are metal ones and not been stolen yet...!

I don't understand either what people can do with these things. They rob only for the fun of it at this point...

For the stars and the hood emblem, i don't understand why Mercedes and other big names don't seem to do anything to prevent the stealing...

#8 ·
I bought my car in May of 2002 (brand new) the day after I picked it up I had the rear emblem broken off, they never got it off completely, they just left it hanging after they broke it, I guess they thought it would come off easily, needless to say they used a screwdriver and scratched the paint fairly deep. The rear part of the hatch is made of fibreglass, I found out the hard way !! The only upside to this story is that the scratches were all inside the emblem, I was quoted $ 500 CAN to paint the whole hatch part, decided to just touch up the paint though. Would have loved to catch the #!$hole who did it !! As far as the valve caps, I've had those stole twice, just recently put on the Mercedes valve caps, surprisingly those haven't been stolen yet !!!

#13 ·
It's usually kids that do this to build up a collection from all marques.
I know someone in the UK who had his front star taken off his C Class a few times so made a permanent fix. The problem was the next time someone attempted to remove it they badly damaged the bonnet/hood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.