Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the factory CD changer for my 2002 C240, does anyone know how I can get installation instructions and where to buy the mounting bracket (the CD changer is slightly used so it doesn't have the instructions or the bracket). Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Use velcro to mount it. Many people have done so. Here are the instructions for replacing the stock headunit with an Audio 10. You can use them to access the back of your cassette headunit to plug in the fiber cables. The power wires for the changer should be coiled up and taped to something behind the dash. I think the sedan has the fiber cables already installed, but I'm not certain

·
Registered
1 Posts
The fiber optic cable is in front of the spare tire in a compartment under the carpet.
use this for the signal from the changer the head unit and use the cable from the head unit to loop back out.You are tapping into a fiber optic "ring"of binary information.The power cable is behind the center console it is a 3 prong molex connector.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
cosmuk said:
The fiber optic cable is in front of the spare tire in a compartment under the carpet.
use this for the signal from the changer the head unit and use the cable from the head unit to loop back out.You are tapping into a fiber optic "ring"of binary information.The power cable is behind the center console it is a 3 prong molex connector.
While the first sentence is true for the coupe, I'm not sure it is for the sedan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
where is fiber optic cable of cd changer in C320 sedan2002 ?

I'm in the same boat. I just got factory cd changer. I found the power cable, but I could not find the fiber optic cable in C320 sedan 2002.

Please help me out
Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help w/ CD installation

I have a 2002 C320 Sedan and am trying to install the factory fiber optic changer, in the glovebox. Am I correct in that I should have both the fiber optic cable and power cable with molex connector, wrapped up behind the radio head unit? If so I must be blind, cause I couldn't find either of them :cry: . The only unconnected fiber optic cable was mark "phone".

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts