Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Im planning on getting a C-class real soon. I've heard that the C230K gets real loud (high noise level) inside the cabin compared to the C240. Anybody care to comment? TIA

·
Registered
48 Posts
jsa325i said:
gets real loud (high noise level)
8O

Sure, there some more noise in the C230K mainly because of the wider tires and a bit more (but not that much) because of the engine, but it's not that bad. It's pretty quiet inside. It's not a 1950 10 wheelers! :wink:

Depends about what you want: More luxury or more fun!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, gonna find out this weekend - less noise or more fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Okay, granted I drive a MINI Cooper S and a 99 Miata 6 speed but the wife has a 03 C230WZ auto. The Merc is very quiet. Even when compared to her former 3 series. Inside the car, I would expect minimal difference in sound to the 240.

What you really should be considering is the asthetics and ride. The Sport has aluminum vs. wood. It has better looking wheels and more horsepower but a firmer ride.

If interior noise is the deciding factor between the two you should be looking at an E class instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got it!
04.5 C230WZ Sedan in brilliant silver, 5sp auto (wife cant drive stick, 352i is also an auto :( )

Yep, it sure is not much louder inside than it is in the C240. Thanks for you inputs.

Now gotta find the keys.........

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife has the C230WZ but she brought home a C240 loaner tonight while her 230 gets its first service.

Yes I went over the car hard to see differences since we never considered or drove on before buying the C230. All told, I am unimpressed. It is actually noisier on the inside. I don't like the wood and it drives mushy. Although it is a 6, it is sluggish compared to the charged 4.

If we had driven the 240 and not the 230, we would have bought the 325i instead. No wonder I have heard so many gripes (off this board) about the C240.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,

My co-worker just bought an 04 C240, and it sure is unimpressive.
My wife had the ultimate choice, but it was an easy decision when she saw the C230WZ in person. (I did not need to do any convincing :lol: )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts