Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C240, with all of 1200 miles, has developed a very annoying dash rattle. It appears the tolerances around the climate controls leave something to be desired. It goes in for a look in a couple days. Is this an easily fixed problem? Any one else experienced this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can hear a slight rattle depending on the road, but haven't figured out what it is yet. It pisses me off when it's quiet in the car, so I just turn up the radio!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This might sound wierd, but last weekend i heard this very annoying rattle that seemed to come from the ac vents/central console. My son swore it was from the drivers side mirror... and believe it or not the sounds seemed to be emanating from different directions depending on where one sat!! It was by chance that i realised i had not snapped in the sun visor proprely after my morning drive ( when the sun came in thru the side window). After i snapped it into position, the rattle stopped!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad the sun visor mystery was easily solved. My problem seems to emanate from near the AC controls. My dealer looked at it yesterday. Although we were unable to duplicate, they treated me very well. They pulled the wood panel and added foam insulation to the entire area. So far so good, and I must say that while my fingers are still crossed, there is much less 'play' behind the panel now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my car onto a stretch of road last night that always made it rattle. No problem at all, now. Seems that insulation really did the trick. Good luck eradicating your noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine started after the first month. Same sound and location. I installed the Audio 10 thinking that it would have got rid of the rattle. But it did not. Sometimes when I drive I put my hand inside the empty slot below the CD player and push down and it gets rid of the rattle. :wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like my rattle exactly. It sometimes, but not always, will go away if I push up or (more often) down on that slot. By the way, I had hoped that rattle was gone after a test run recently... but it is still with me... :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts