Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 C280...

It seems that within the last couple of weeks, it's been running too hot, or at least hotter than it was. BUT I'M NOT SURE.

It seems like in the past the engine temp was running right at 80 degrees Celsius or maybe slightly warmer. But now, it's running right at 90 degrees on the highway...and even a couple of times jumping up to 105+ while stopped or driving slowly in city. Is this any concern?

Here's what I've done so far...

1.) Replaced Thermostat (seemed to have no impact)
2.) Replaced Fan Sensor (again, no impact)
3.) Emptied, Flushed & Refilled Coolant in Radiator (may have had SOME IMPACT...but need to drive it more tomorrow to be sure)

What else could it be? The belt-driven fan is working (mechanic ruled out that it was a clutch problem). The 2 electric fans are working. Should I be watching for them to come on at a certain time or when the temp gauge reaches a certain temp...or when the a/c is on etc.?

Is there anything else related to the cooling system that I'm overlooking and should check? Does what I've described sound like a Water Pump issue?

Or does what I described sound normal (i.e. typical operating engine temperature)?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
74 Posts
105+ is not normal..

i have around 90 in city drive, (in my country now the air temp is around 40 c)

i see those two fans working usually when AC is on.

could be from water pump i think.

i wouldn't drive with 105+... fix this as soon as possible

1 - 2 of 2 Posts