Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after replacing my wiper motor, i noticed a cracked windshield in the center about 2 inches from the bottom

i just want to know if the repacement procedure has caused this type of damage? any way the replacement could cause this? slip of the tool or something within reason of course?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Corcom, that sure is very possible. One time working on a car changing the motor of the wiper I just "touched" the winshield with a screw driver near the tip and got a reall small crack. It got bigger in no time and I had to replace the glass. Question for you, my wiper just started to act wierd today. It works in every gear but feels as it it's going to come off the car. It seems like it went out of track and now when I turn it off it does not go all the way down towards the left of the windshield like before. What kind of problem did you have that made you replace the motor? I want to know so that I can purchase the part I REALLY need and install it myself.

Thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
wiper

C280Man said:
Corcom, that sure is very possible. One time working on a car changing the motor of the wiper I just "touched" the winshield with a screw driver near the tip and got a reall small crack. It got bigger in no time and I had to replace the glass. Question for you, my wiper just started to act wierd today. It works in every gear but feels as it it's going to come off the car. It seems like it went out of track and now when I turn it off it does not go all the way down towards the left of the windshield like before. What kind of problem did you have that made you replace the motor? I want to know so that I can purchase the part I REALLY need and install it myself.

Thx
Hi Did you sort out this problem with the wiper not returning to its home position as my c200 has just stared dointg the same thing !! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts