Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for more information about where a new "C32 AMG Sport Coupe" can be observed. I saw a graphic in this forum and posted an inquiry as to where this was found. It seems I heard about an Autoweek article recently. Anyone is here have insider information? (There's nothing in my MBCA Star magazine yet.)

I looked over the MBUSA website, but there is nothing there on this either. One would think there would be. Of course, this would not surprise me. As I mentioned elsewhere, MBUSA is noted for this type of thing.

When my dealership was courting the new C230 Sport Sedan to me (which was already on their showroom floors and was listed on various websites around the country), the incompetent customer service reps at MBUSA were telling me repeatedly (9 people in all) that "no such car existed and there is no plans for anything like this anytime soon."

In truth, these people were simply looking on their own website (as anyone could do off the street) and reading what they saw to me, instead of referring to their internal databases. The website had nothing, so they concluded there was no such thing. They had no insider or specific information consistent with their headquarters; all they had was misinformation. The car made a very late debut on their site. This was well after it’s actual arrival. I had mine ordered and on its way while they said it did not exist! (I had called for further specific details.) After I complained, the top managerial parties wanted me to conduct tests with them to learn just who was guilty of these terrible oversights, especially as they were telling me that the local dealership were “certainly trying to scam” me. So we did three-way calls to round them all up. That we did. Problem was, there was more guilty than not. The people at the top were forced to accept ultimate responsibility for allowing and harboring these people.

Anyway, I saw some exchanges in this forum “2003 C320 sports coupe VS 2002 C230 kompressor” about the new C32 AMG Sport Coupe. Lynn states that this is a “special order.” Might there be any further information about this somewhere? One poster said the car is reported to have 354HP.

I’ll run this through my search engine and see what happens. Thanks in advance. I was just hoping someone would have some enthusiast specifics posted here.

PS, I like how MB has fully embraced this new horsepower war we have going on (again). The new CL65 AMG is going to be bundled with over 604 HP and a stupefying 738 pound-feet of torque! (Volkswagen's Bugatti Veyron will have 1001 horses!)

Christopher

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The C320 Sports Coupe is not the same as the C32 AMG Sports Coupe. The C320 became available the same day as the C230 and C320 Sports Sedans.

The C32 Coupe is an AMG Special series car. No Specials have ever been sold in North America and there are no plans to do so.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/amg/e/cars/kleinserie_c32.htm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lynn,

Hello and thank you.

I never implied that the "C320 Sports Coupe was the same as the C32 AMG Sports Coupe," whatsoever. I merely indicated where there was discussion upon the subject within this forum from you and others.

Thank you for the link. You will notice further detailing with my links. If what you say is so, what a shame this would be that there is no North America sales interest with this "special AMG" (as has been the history with these you report). This vehicle would surely sell well, one would think.

The car's specs are most impressive; power-to-weigth-ratio being primary amongst them. What a gem to drive this would be. However, perhaps the pricing would rule it out of the sales figures they would need? Would they suppose that Europeans would spend more on a sports car than Americans? I don't see the logic in this.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Christopher

1 - 4 of 4 Posts