Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello Benz guys. It’s been awhile! I’ve moved back to the Seattle area from Honolulu a year ago and brought the 2007 S550 and wife’s R350 back with us. I’ve done a LOT of wrench turning on my ‘S’ and have put over 60k on it in the last couple years...most of that on Oahu believe it or not. Now at 105,500 miles.
So...the reason for the post. Red battery light has been on for months....starter battery not charging. Have to charge it once in awhile when it gets sluggish. I’ve been on lock-down a full 6 weeks now and I have changed the tranny oil and filter, replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and tore the whole back seat out and dash and finally got the center headrest down! I replaced the rear airmatic shocks, (stoopid and bought the 350.00 instead of Arnott...right rear is clunking) and did a brake job and all was well. I changed the flex-discs the other night on the driveline. Simple. I realized when I unbolted the tranny mount that I hadn’t disconnected the battery and there was a large ground wire on it. I needed neutral to turn the driveshafT and forgot. It was a little thorn in my confidence but thought I would just unhook the batteries and finish up. Unhooked the starter battery first , negative then positive, then the consumer battery. Finished the flex plates and took her for a spin around the lake. Felt great but heard some rattling. Jacked her up and had forgotten the two rearmost undercarriage shield screws. Jumped in and the battery was dead. Barely cranked and then nothing. Charged it for an hour and drove her again and didn’t go around the lake. It wouldn’t shift. Second gear only and a dozen or more error codes on my iCarsoft reader. Undercurrent, wheel speed sensors and transmission valve communication issues. I will try to post them. I should mention I swapped out the old (3 years?) starter battery with a new one tonight. I also got into the prefuse box and checked the 80, 150 and 400? Amp prefuses. All had continuity. The consumer battery is 2 years old and holding 12.3 volts and charging. So I’m perplexed and glad I don’t have to go to work for the next weeks while I figure this out. 🙄. Any ideas guys???? Help. I swear it caught CAR ona virus!
oh....and all 4 speed sponsors are throwing the same code

1 - 1 of 1 Posts