Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a newbie question, hope people dont mind. I have a 2002 c230 coupe with a stock radio cassette unit. I want to play cd's through a portable cd player using the car kit (via the cigarette lighter adapter). The car kit uses a cassette with a wire sticking out, that goes to the adapter. Unfortunately, I am unable to close the tape deck due to the wire. Has anyone tried it.
Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I believe Panasonic has an adaptor with a very thin wire. If the wire is postioned to exit the cassette at the lower left corner if the door, the door can be shut. Also, there is a tiny pin switch on the right side of the door. A dab of glue could be used to glue the switch permanently in the closed position. Then you could leave the door open without the annoying beeps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CD player

Circuit City sells a $20 adapter for any musical device. Plugs into the headphone socket of say a walkman or CD player and it tranmits to your choice of four FM stations (**. 1 .3 .5 .7) I traveled with it and it played from my Palm great. No wires, It needs 2 batteries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts