Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, can anyone help me? I've got my A/C working (quite well, actually), but the air won't blow out of my center vents (well, they will...barely). Can someone PLEASE give me some advice as to what the problem/solution is?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, here's an update on my dilema. Every once in a while, when I first get in the car to drive, the center vents will work properly. Once I cut the engine, then re-start the car, the vents again barely blow. I suspect it's a problem with the vacuum switches (?), but am not sure.

I see where a lot of people have read my post, but nobody has replied. I really would appreciate some feedback. I thought the entire purpose of this website was to share information.

Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This sounds vacuum related. A short-cut would be to remove the glovebox(2min) and rotate the centre vent lever and lock it in place. Try it. On humid days however, the defroster vents will fog the OUTSIDE of the windshield!

·
Registered
19 Posts
For all the 123s this summer: Remove the glovebox, locate the shaft/lever of the centre vent with a light, prop open the flap by rotating and/or prying it open from the vent side, then lock it with a sharp self-tapping screw, heated and screwed into the housing to brace the mech in the open position.
I know this is a McGiver solution, but more damage is done trying to dismantle a 25 year old instrument panel to access the proper repairs. Moreover, it will still defrost the w/shield when selected!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts