Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a quick read through of the forum, it seems there is little point chipping for performance gains. I keep seeing claims of between 20 and 30% for rechips on the Vito 112CDI turbo Deisel. Is this for real?? Anyone out there with first hand knowledge on the subject. If I was doing this type of work myself, I would be Dynoing before and after to show customer the real time gains, but as the suppliers don't have this info available it makes you wonder if the claims will stack up!! "the purple clad one"

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Chipping a normally aspirated or supercharged car will not yield the results that chipping a turbocharged vehicle will. The reason is that one of the things the chip in turbocharged car does, is increase the boost. There are several chip tuners who can deliver impressive gains for your turbo diesel. Since you are in OZ, you may wish to contact Power Chips. They do have dyno resuts for many vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lynn. Only prob with power chip is the cost. How does $900 US plus fitting sound. I have friends in Germany. I'm sure they would be able to source something. Also a mob in England have a plug in type that controls the pump? This has a bypass swich to run your sock settings when required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts