Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO ALL IN THE HOW TO PORTION OF THIS PAGE IT TELLS U HOW TO MAKE THE CAR GO CHRIP CHRIP WHEN U LOCK IT
I TALKED TO THE DEALER THEY TOLD ME THATS NOT FOR AMERICAN CARS
IS THIS TRUE ???

AND IF SO HOW DO I MAKE MY CAR GO CHRIP, I LIVE IN CA.

THANKS...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
They need to change the version coding so it believes it is not an american car. It takes maybe five minutes including the time it takes to locate and bring a tester over to your car.

On a side note, I think the "chirp" is really pretty annoying. It's more of a beeping and is probably not the sound you're thinking of. Also, stop shouting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
GEO123GEO123 said:
HELLO ALL IN THE HOW TO PORTION OF THIS PAGE IT TELLS U HOW TO MAKE THE CAR GO CHRIP CHRIP WHEN U LOCK IT
I TALKED TO THE DEALER THEY TOLD ME THATS NOT FOR AMERICAN CARS
IS THIS TRUE ???

AND IF SO HOW DO I MAKE MY CAR GO CHRIP, I LIVE IN CA.

THANKS...

I too live in So. Cal and my car 'chirps' as you would say. I like it. I just close the door and walk away. Hit the lock and listen for the three chirps. Unlocking produces only one chirp (the lights also flash as before). I do not find the noise annoying in anyway. It's a 'friendly' kind of chirp I guess.

OK........so how do you get it done? Take your car to Fletcher Jones and ask for Randy Lemus (my service writer). Tell him Dan (from Circuit City) sent you. Tell him what you want to do and they will do it at no charge. A guy rolled out his computer to the waiting area. Hooked it up and changed the setting to the Netherlands......bingo....done. One note: The panic buttom will NOT work after you do this. For me? Who cares?

Dan :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts