Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the chrome wheels on my C230, which I pick up next week. It's an extra grand, but I think it'll look much cleaner with all the chrome accents on the car. Has anybody gotten the chrome stock wheels from Mercedes, and if so, how are they? They're the same style and size (17" C230 sport wheels) as far as I know, but just wanted to check with anyone who may have already done this.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Just so that you aware and can make an informed decision, there are NO stock chrome wheels from Mercedes. The chroming process weakens the wheel and is no recommended by MB. The dealers are ignoring this and chroming the wheels. I'm sure this will void the factory warranty. Ask the dealer if they will assume the warranty and legal liability if a wheel fails.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well...thanks for the info. I'm really excited about the rims and get lots of comments about them, so until something bad happens I'll just enjoy the shine!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lynn said:
Chances are nothing will happen. Just don't use them during winter if you live in place where they salt the roads. They will be toast by spring.
No salting the roads in the California Bay Area...but the potholes are ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts