Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm looking to buy a CL 500 00/01 here in Ireland. I am now exhausted from looking at so many different cars and wonder if any of you guy's could give me some advice. Firstly I have heard that the front suspension can give some trouble and some dealers have even suggested that there may be a MB design fauly here. The repairs appear to run to the many thousands. Second the cars I have seen all have the command system which I think is version 2.0 but none have a TV and most don't have a phone. There is some very confusing discussions about the availability of a TV tuner, whether it will work over 8kph and the type of phone that can be used with this system. There would seem to be little point in choosing a car with Tv/phone if they can't be made to work. Lastly all the cars I have seen have covered less then 40k miles which seems very little for a five or six year old car. Does lying idle affect these cars adversely and are they good at high mileage. I will keep this car for about 18 months and will cover at least 50k in this time. I am coming from a long line of supercharged Jags so don't know what to expect. Thanks to anybody who can offer any advice

1 - 1 of 1 Posts