Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own the 2002 CLK 430 convertible and in March 2003 - I had 3 flats and one of my rims is bent - - Well, apparently im not the only one with problems in the tri state area - I recieved a letter in the mail with a class action suit agains Mercedes Benz for low performance tires mounted on AMG wheels and rims ("performance package"). Everyone with the high performance wheels should have gotten the letter......

the suit is as follows: (A) by falsely advertising and misrepresenting the safety of mercedes automobiles and the durability and safety of the Performance Package (B) by failing to disclose the material fact that Mercedes cars equipped witht he Performance Package suffer tire failure and /or damanged rims under routine driving conditions, leading to dangerous driving situations and costly repairs.

Our cars are $$$, we shouldnt have these problems, does anyone else have the same problem as me and the people that brought up the case???

·
Registered
263 Posts
What brand/size tires came with your CLK? Also, please keep us posted on the progress of the suit. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sports pkg class action suit???

Is there any truth to this suit? Does it apply if you bought your MB used, with original amg/low performance tires intact?

how doe we pursue this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts