Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a forum for classic models? All of the current forums appear to nudge one to believe they are for late model, newer models. The S Class forum even denotes:

1999-Present W220 S-Class; 2000-Present W215 CL-Class; and the 1991-1999 W140 S-Class
Even if it isn't intended, it kind of quietly says "Don't talk about older models here." Where are all the late 50's early 60's owners? Have I missed what I'm looking for already?

Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Classic Forum

First, welcome to the BenzForum community. Thanks for your suggestion of a new Classic Forum. We are always open to ideas that will make this your ultimate source for everything Benz. As you can see in my signature my daily driver is a '80 300SD, so I have an interest in older MBZs. To make a new Classic Forum possible we need member interest and someone willing to step up and become a moderator. We welcome your active participation and contributions to BenzForum. Stay tuned we will see what we can do about a forum devoted to the older Benz owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First, welcome to the BenzForum community. Thanks for your suggestion of a new Classic Forum. We are always open to ideas that will make this your ultimate source for everything Benz. As you can see in my signature my daily driver is a '80 300SD, so I have an interest in older MBZs. To make a new Classic Forum possible we need member interest and someone willing to step up and become a moderator. We welcome your active participation and contributions to BenzForum. Stay tuned we will see what we can do about a forum devoted to the older Benz owner.
Boy is this member right! I own(ed) a 220b Cabriolet 1951 with a 1952 replacement motor. Turned a lot of heads, "raced" it at a MB old-timer's meet at Limerock, CT (the second oldest car there), sent it back to my brother in Germany via Lufthansa freight, when I lost my job with 3 kids in private school, got more $$/ Euros there. My 3 boys did well, now married and "gainfully employed", and we have 2 grandchildren who love their Opa. But I miss the car! I do have some parts left for sale, bulbs, seals, electrical 6V parts, brush sets, etc. If you are in need to get your car back to top shape let me know (am willing to part for little for a real afficionato owner). [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum so hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this classic thread. I love it. I'm in the US and looking for a reliable address for classic related support questions. Like parts availability, getting a data card, and so on. Do you know where I can go with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need parts for Mercedes 220 1964

Hello, does anyone know about any good websites to get parts for a Mercedes? thanks! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea, me too.

I'd love to see a Classic or Vintage section.

I have a 1973 220D - I'm just about to cross 400,000 miles. It is a bit of work to keep it in good shape (although worth it when I go to the parking lot and see there's nothing remotely like it there).

So count me in.

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts