Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a new cls 400 having 4 miles on it May 13, 2015. By July 1, 2015 I heard a thumping noise under the hood on start up, it sounded and felt like you were going over speed bumps on a highway. The rumble shook the whole vehicle. I took the car to the dealer on July 8, 2015 and they returned it to me on July 20, 2015. It took them 13 days to replace 2 fuel injectors cylinders and all the spark plugs. Twelve (12) days later while driving alone in 98 degree weather, about 100 miles from my home the car became inoperable at a stop light, and the doors would not even lock. The check engine light came on and when I attempted to restart it black smoke came out of the exhaust pipe. Here I found myself (a 65 year old female) alone in a not so safe neighborhood, while waiting for the tow truck on two separate occasions homeless men approached me and asked me for money.
The dealer has now had the car for 5 more days and I waiting for them to fix it. Has anyone else had an engine problem with the clk 400?

·
Registered
3 Posts
7 years later...

Wow, I hope you eventually turn out ok with that scenario. Really sorry to hear this. With car being on 4 miles, isn't that consider by law a new vehicle and under some type of warranty?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts