Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the kit and looked through all the parts. All seems well. the first thing I did was polish all the tubes. All kits need this. I plan to do a short write-up of what I am doing. I did find a good water to air set-up for the HPS kit, as well as a good chip supplier.

using NI tools I looked and played around with the MAF tuner provided with the kit. Nice clean signal editor.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been traveling on business, so it has been hard to do much with the install. I did get the Fuel Controller and wiring installed. I had a discussion with HPS and they were very helpfull at all times. I needed a part and it came express fast.

I am very satisfied with the kit's parts and the quality. The wiring is even color matched like the original.

Like I said, I have cleaned up the intake paths. I have also found a company, while on my Europe travels, that has an air-to-water cooler that can be put inl-ine with the system. After all is installed, I plan to add the cooler. It will require a smaller pulley to get boost back up.

With a kit like this, at such low boost, timing should not be an issue. The stock HPS kit should be fine. If we go up in boost, I feel a chip to reduce timing is a must on a CLK 55.

I installed a O2 sensor plug for testing later.

It may take a while before I get all installed and tested, but I will keep all informed.

Forgot to note. I got a lead on an ODB scanner in Europe to see all Mercedes codes for a cost a hobby guy can handle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
gregc said:
I have been traveling on business, so it has been hard to do much with the install. I did get the Fuel Controller and wiring installed. I had a discussion with HPS and they were very helpfull at all times. I needed a part and it came express fast.

I am very satisfied with the kit's parts and the quality. The wiring is even color matched like the original.

Like I said, I have cleaned up the intake paths. I have also found a company, while on my Europe travels, that has an air-to-water cooler that can be put inl-ine with the system. After all is installed, I plan to add the cooler. It will require a smaller pulley to get boost back up.

With a kit like this, at such low boost, timing should not be an issue. The stock HPS kit should be fine. If we go up in boost, I feel a chip to reduce timing is a must on a CLK 55.

I installed a O2 sensor plug for testing later.

It may take a while before I get all installed and tested, but I will keep all informed.

Forgot to note. I got a lead on an ODB scanner in Europe to see all Mercedes codes for a cost a hobby guy can handle.
Greg,

When do you think you'll be done?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts