Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know racks purchased from Mercedes for a CLK will fit on a C? I have no idea if the racks are adjustable or not - I imagine that if they are, they'd certainly go from a CLK to a C to an E pretty easily.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that - I'm talking about the roof racks (which you could then add surfboard attachments, snowboard attachments, bike carriers, etc.)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
directly from my head parts advisor, the roof racks are indeed model specific. that is not to say that an aftermarket rack designed for them isn't adjustable, but the OEM ones only work for one platform. hope that helps. peace.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about bidding on these CLK racks on eBay - they were selling the racks, bike carriers, and ski/snowboard carriers. Bidding started at $300 - this was the second time that this guy had placed them on auction, with no bids being applied, so I thought I might be able to get racks and attachments cheap...

To be honest, that's a bit surprising - that means that the parts department (of any dealership) would have to keep multiple racks for multiple models in stock.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
honestly, most dealerships don't actuall stock these accessories. oftentimes they may have one for an E class or other popular model for that area, but normally they have to be special ordered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PHAEDRUS242 said:
honestly, most dealerships don't actuall stock these accessories. oftentimes they may have one for an E class or other popular model for that area, but normally they have to be special ordered.
Hmmm, maybe it's just the dealership that I go to. I called them up and they said that they have both the load bars for my wife's ML320 and the racks for my C-Class in stock. Knwing this, this made me think that they carry racks for all their vehicles in stock, but I could be wrong. What they don't have in stock are the surfboard attachments - wouldn't buy those from MB anyways - I'd get those from a surfshop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts