Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first Mercedes Benz. It's a 1993 300E 2.8. It's in perfect condition and I love driving the car. I purchased this from an individual and as the weather turned hot. I found out my air conditioner does not work.

I was talking with a friend/mechanic recently and he said he comes across used Mercedes all the time that the air doesn't work. Is this something that is common with used Mercedes? I have added freon, etc. and the air was real cold for a couple weeks. Now it's back to hot air. I know I will need to have it checked and see if there are leaks, etc. ( I did put in the die before adding the freon and didn't find a trace of the die) but just wondered if anyone had any insight on this type of problem with Mercedes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi, welcome to the BenzForum community. Unfortunately it is not uncommon to have AC problems with an older MBZ. You need to have the AC system checked for leaks, especially with the evaporator.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'll agree; lots of A/C issues on the older MB's. It's all things that can be fixed, but parts costs are higher than what a lot of other vehicles are. And yes, the old S class are a nightmare when the evaporator starts leaking (well, for owners, not necessarily for repair facilities).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts