Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for various relatively inexpensive ways of increasing the power on my 2002 c230 coupe. However, i do not wish to void the warranty just yet, do you know of some good aftermarket accesories such an an aftermarket chip or air filter/ intake that i might consider which would not void the warranty but still yield good gains of hp/torque without damaging the car. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There are no cold air intakes. You can get 2 to 4 hp with an ITG airfilter. K&N doesn't show a gain on a stock 2.3.

A chip will void your warranty, if it is the cause of a problem. Foretunately, chips can't be detected by the diagnostic software used by the dealers. Dyno test of the Upsolute chip show a whopping 3 hp increase. No one has posted an indepedently done dyno on any other chips. Powerchips is claiming a good increase. Contact Evosport for more info. Kleemann USA is also developing a chip at this time. It is being "beta" tested by a couple of people on another forum. Renntech sells a chip upgrade. The owners of this forum can help you with that. They are Renntech dealers.

If you get a chip, do before and after dyno runs to verify you are getting what they claim and what you paid for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Powerchip

Will post gains, losses, thoughts etc on Powerchip around the 23rd when I should have my EcU back.

C Coupe 230K 2295cc 2002
South Africa

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
any technician with half a brain and a mercedes SDS tester can tell if your car has been chipped. some don't care, but you can see all actual values from the computer's sensor inputs. more likely than not the self adaptation of the engine will go out of spec and throw a check engine. only the big boys (brabus, renntech, kleeman) have the tech to properly adjust fuel trims, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts