Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I watch out for when looking at a used vehicle like this? Should I stay away from this model all together? Any aftermarket warranties worth the money?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
As it's the first year, there were a few more bugs. The main things to look for awe well documented in these pages. No matter what, get it inspected beforehand and get an extended warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After doing more research, it doesn't look like the 2000 is the way to go. A 2001 or ideally, a 2002 may be the better route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2002 S430 with 60k for 23k, I must say that this car is true luxuary. Also, I noticed at 58k the dealer had my S430 serviced at an reputable Mercedes Dealership. Keep looking you will find one, and good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 S430 and have had the stearing knuckle replaced. Cost about $600. And now (per my latest post) the shifter is stuck in park. Cost to replace Electronic Shifter Module between $700 and $900. I have looked on other websites and there is a very long list of S class owners who have had MAJOR problems. Personally, if I were you I would not buy this car. I used to have an Acura Legend. That car was bullet proof. I should have kept it or bought another Acura. It was way more reliable than the S430 we have. There really is no comparison. The S430 is GARBAGE versus an Acura

1 - 5 of 5 Posts