Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having to take their car into the dealer at least 4 times a year (not including services) to have things replaced or fixed? My car is barely over 2 years old, bought new and I have had several issues: front suspension replaced, thermostat replaced (twice), one of the computer cables replaced, brake and turn signal fittings replaced, the driver's side window machine replaced, the LCD screen is to be replaced next week and now they tell me all 4 tires are out of round (buffering noise lead me to have it checked). I am just tired of all these issues. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow,

That's quite a list of issues.

I've only needed to take my car once for Service A. The only issue I've had so far is that sometimes the AC will shut down itself when engaged using the 'Auto' button.

MB quality has degraded much in the last few years, but your story is worrying...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the reason it shuts off is because when you set it on auto, it tries to maintain the same temperature so it will shut off when it gets too cold. It will start again when the air heats up past the set point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the car besides replacing the front suspension and having to change out the warp rotors because of the previous owner that had the car before me...I bought it used....so far it's been good to me, just 1st gear is kinda hard to get into sometimes, not really a problem for me though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 02 C230K is the biggest piece of crap. I've had it in the shop at least 10 times. The replace the whole front end, rear end, interior parts, you name it broke.

I am so diappointed with the quality and service both from the dealer and Corporate. I personally will NEVER buy another Mercedes again. [/list]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2003 C240 which has caused me more grief and aggravation than any car I've owned in recent memory. *Many* trips to the dealer over niggling issues. The car always starts, but just isn't very pleasant to own/drive.

The really scary part is when the dealer's service people tell you not to keep the car past its warranty...

I'm really disappointed in that I expected to buy an E Class CDI this fall, but now I'm not so sure...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses, I thought I was the only one with a piece of crap. I think I have kicked my car more times than I have kick a ball in the past 2 years. I think I have decided to get rid of the car after the warranty is up. Unfortuneately I have to buy new rims now as they are so bent that they don't even hold air now. I have not hit any major potholes so I guess the New jersey roads are just in bad shape as far as the number of small ones around. That or I have a bad set of rims???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts