Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Convince me to buy the C-230 Coupe!!!!

9K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Beavis 
DizzyDwarf, schedule back to back to back test drives of the three cars. Drive each one for at least 45 minutes on a variety of roads. Buy the one you like the best.

If your selection is the C230k, the must have options are the Panorama roof available with either the C2 or C5 option packages, and the C7 wheel package. C7 is especially important if you get a six speed.

freds733 said:
:idea: The C230 is more easily tuned than either of the others you are considering. Less than a grand can get you an additional 50 hp and then this littled car is truly wonderful! Get the C7 package with a 6-speed.
The Audi 1.8T is much more easily tuned than than a C230k, especially a 2003 C230k. There are currently no parts available for the M271 engine.

If you are going to get a GTI, get the 1.8 Turbo. It can be turned into a rocket for just a few bucks. It is much cheaper and easier to tune than the V6.

For me the VW, along with several other cars, was eliminated from consideration as soon as I discovered several RWD cars in my price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.