Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving in the heat of the summer weather and my coolant light came up so i pulled over within 2 minutes into the nearby gas station to check out the problem. The coolant guage at that point was about 90*C. I turned it off and i noticed the hose from the radiator to the thermostat came off and there was coolant/water everywhere in the engine compartment and everything was smoking. i whiped up all the mess released the pressure, added new antifreeze, added some oil cus it lost alittle bit and then tried starting it up. It would miss and sometimes backfire it seems. I can get it started by playing with the gas alittle bit but unless i hold the gas i cannot keep it running for more than 10 sec. at idle. The motor shakes alot at idle too, but when i rev it up it smoothes out. The car just turned 200,000 too. I checked for antifreeze in the airbox and i didnt see any. But it did smoke when i removed the oil screw to add oil and it smoked out the airbox too. No smoke from the tailpipe though. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im gonna let it sit for a day just incase something got wet, but if anyone has any insites that would be apprecated thanx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went out to dinner and when i came back the car ran much better took it out for a spin and it starts up perfect and runs. I still have alittle surging when i step the gas that wasnt there before. Maybe tommorow it will be gone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok the car runs almost like it did before but it is still alittle slower off the line and wont peel out anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts