Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased a 2008 CLK350 Convt with over 300k miles. When I got it, I noticed the Cooling Fan was stuck on High. I thought it would be a simple fix like the Coolant Temp sensor or something. After looking up the problem, I've seen that it could be everything from the Coolant Temp sensor to the wiring, or the SAM module, ECU, or the Fan Module itself.

I pulled the codes with an Autel and an Innova scanner. All I can pull up is 0695 "M4/7 Engine and A/C electric suction fan output stage." Seems like a generic fan code fault, not pointing in any particular direction to what the problem is. Fan stays on High as soon as you turn the key and even stays on for another minute after you cut the car off. The White Temperature light does flash on the dash. No message that I can recall. Where do I start troubleshooting?? Hate to do process of elimination on my dime!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
125 Posts
Welcome! I see you posted over at our sister forum too. Hopefully a knowledgeable member from one or other will reply soon. Please, when you do find the solution, update both forums. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FIXED!! I alleviated the Refrigerant Pressure sensor by recharging the A/C. I ASSUMED if the A/C worked...the sensor was good. Bought a used fan from a junk yard and Voila...no more jet engine fan. Back to a normal running fan. If the only code you're getting is "0695 "M4/7 Engine and A/C electric suction fan output stage." Installing a new fan should fix your problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts